Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back in the swing of things...

We decided to put on the CGM.. I had decided that everything which had been so certain, had become uncertain.. and for a moment, in this chaos we call life, I needed my calm back, my center, my grounding.. my groove...and Jared needed his CGM on.

Deep breath. sigh, smile.

There is something wonderful about being lucky enough to have a CGM to help you through the questions.. to know (or better understand) which direction the BG is going in, and help to understand what impact all our daily decisions have on our diabetic children.

I feel like this post is the clear me, and the one who feels confident (and vulnerable) that we can survive each day, that our kids are the strongest, and by teaching them to undertand themselves, they are going to best care for themselves over the long run.

I was noticing I had become a bit too 'dear diary' and a bit on the negative side. I felt like the winter season had beaten us down.. but that is not our style.. we are get up and get ' at ' er kinda people...

I am back up and at' er and so is Jared and we feel good again...

We are healing from our winter illnesses and BGs are back on track, and tightly controlled... all while (in moderation) enjoying the little things in life that make kids smile.

My son has started writing a book with his grandma about living with diabetes, but after much thought, and reading thier first draft.. it is about him.. living, choosing and caring for himself and those around him.. and those who help him, and make his life as normal as possible while having diabetes.. that it is not what defines him, but a part of why he needs help.. so he can be like all the other kids.

All this joy has reminded me of why I can be strong, and happy and confident again.. that not all is chaos...

No comments: